SNMP extensions lost after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandamonium

Dabbler
Hi all,

I've worked out how to extend my SNMP to let me monitor drive temperatures and fan speeds thanks to some useful scripts found on this forum.

However, I've not had any luck using the Auxiliary parameters section of the SNMP settings - they just don't seem to get written to the snmpd.conf file. I've got things working by manually editing the snmpd.conf file, but if I then reboot the server, this file gets replaced by a default one with all my settings lost.

What's the correct way to extend SNMP and have it survive a reboot please?

I'm on FreeNAS-11.1-RC3

Many thanks

Paul

Pandamonium

Dabbler
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't realised I wasn't checking the stable release chain so had missed the upgrade. I've upgraded now to FreeNAS-11.1-U1 but the problem still exists however.

I've added my extensions to the SNMP service auxiliary parameters section, but they don't get written to the snmpd.conf file. Even worse, if you add them manually to the snmpd.conf file and then restart the SNMP service from within Freenas GUI, a default snmpd.conf file gets created losing the edits. I guess this is the same process that loses them during a reboot too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.