Snapshots have wrong timestamp in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Hi all!

I'm quite new to FreeNAS and so i'm doing a bit of testing in VMware Workstation for the time beeing.

PC: Win 7 x64 English. Location Norway. Timezone UTC+01:00
FreeNAS: Timezone Europe/Oslo

So my "problem". When looking at "Previous Versions" on my share, the date is correct but the time stamp is wrong. It's 2 hours early.

Checking the FreeeNAS system time, it's identical to my Win 7 PC. Also the system time reported at console is correct.
Under FreeNAS -> storage -> ZFS Snapshots The snapshot name is: auto-20120414.1244-2h (wich is correct time accoriding to both PC and FreeNAS clock)

But in Windows Previous Versions of the share it reads @GMT-2012.04.14-10.44.00??

Any ideas to what's wrong?

lordvorta

Cadet
Hey Guys,

Just recently setup a new Freenas box running FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA3-x64 (r11188) everything else is running very nicely bar this same issue.

When viewing the snapshot folders in windows previous versions tab the time for all the folders is the same and is total wrong to the system time or the time when the snapshot was taken

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 12.01.05 PM.jpg

Opening any of the snapshot folders you can see that the correct date and time is being displayed in the address bar and is reflected in the folder name as to when the snapshot was taken

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 12.01.33 PM.jpg

My freenas system time is set to GMT+10 Sydney Australia and so is my windows box.

The strange this is I have no idea where this incorrect folder time in the previous version tab is coming from and it changes every time I restart the CIFS services with no pattern that I can see.

I have also noticed that when the freenas autosnap script is taking the snapshot that the time reported in the console is way out from the system time as well see bellow screen shot.

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 12.04.27 PM.jpg

I have attempted adding the following Auxiliary Parameters to my share's smb.conf

vfs objects = shadow_copy2
wide links = yes
shadow: snapdir = .zfs/snapshot
shadow: sort = desc
shadow: localtime = yes
shadow: format = auto-%Y%m%d.%H%M-1d

To try and get the snap shots to display the correct time with no luck.

Any assistance in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

vind0

Cadet
I have the same issue. Any update to ticket #1559 that is tracking this problem?

I have the same issue. Any update to ticket #1559 that is tracking this problem?

I do notice too that even on my Freenas box in the .zfs/snapshot directory both my auto snaps and any manual snaps I do have the wrong timestamp. I did a manual one this morning (8/11/2012 around 11:00 am Eastern US) and the timestamp gave it a 8/3/2012 date with a time of 12:06. Its all over the place for me.

Eric

Hey Guys,

Just recently setup a new Freenas box running FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA3-x64 (r11188) everything else is running very nicely bar this same issue.

When viewing the snapshot folders in windows previous versions tab the time for all the folders is the same and is total wrong to the system time or the time when the snapshot was taken

View attachment 852

Opening any of the snapshot folders you can see that the correct date and time is being displayed in the address bar and is reflected in the folder name as to when the snapshot was taken

View attachment 853

My freenas system time is set to GMT+10 Sydney Australia and so is my windows box.

The strange this is I have no idea where this incorrect folder time in the previous version tab is coming from and it changes every time I restart the CIFS services with no pattern that I can see.

I have also noticed that when the freenas autosnap script is taking the snapshot that the time reported in the console is way out from the system time as well see bellow screen shot.

View attachment 854

I have attempted adding the following Auxiliary Parameters to my share's smb.conf

vfs objects = shadow_copy2
wide links = yes
shadow: snapdir = .zfs/snapshot
shadow: sort = desc
shadow: localtime = yes
shadow: format = auto-%Y%m%d.%H%M-1d

To try and get the snap shots to display the correct time with no luck.

Any assistance in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.