Snapshot Clone Fail

pechkin000

Explorer
Hello,
I have replication setup from production server running: FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 to a replication server running FreeNAS-11.3-MASTER-201902131004 (b2f0131)

I just attempted to clone a snapshot to get at one of the backups. I can see the the new dataset in "Volumes" , I ghet a notification that it has been created,but the directory doesn't exist, I can't see it when I log in via SSH. In UI, if I click on the dataset's permissions this is the error I get:

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-11.3-MASTER-201902131004 (b2f0131) Request Method: GET Request URL: http://192.168.192.77/legacy/storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/backups/sdrive/storage-auto-20181115.1148-6m-clone/ Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner 42. response = get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response 249. response = self._get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response 178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 163. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py" in mp_permission 472. form = forms.MountPointAccessForm(initial={'path': path}) File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in __init__ 1637. self.fields['mp_group'].initial = stat['group'] File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in __init__ 1628. stat = c.call('filesystem.stat', path) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py" in call 454. raise ClientException(c.error, c.errno, c.trace, c.extra) Exception Type: ClientException at /legacy/storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/backups/sdrive/storage-auto-20181115.1148-6m-clone/ Exception Value: [ENOENT] Path /mnt/backups/sdrive/storage-auto-20181115.1148-6m-clone not found

I would appreciate any help on what I am doing wrong? I am pretty sure both pools have been upgraded a while back. I am really lost as to what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance

pechkin000

Explorer
So I just checked with the latest snapshot that was replicated, I get the same error. it seems that I am completely unable to clone the snapshots. I checked on the master, and I have no problem restoring the snapshots there.

D

dlavigne

If the issue persists in the next nightly, create a report at redmine.ixsystems.com.

pechkin000

Explorer
Will do.
Thank you for your reply. I havent had a chance to follow up yet. Will do this week.

pechkin000

Explorer
If anyone is running into the same problem, the issue appears to be the snapshot is not being mounted after the clone. Change has been committed just now and should be appearing in tomorrows nightly.