SMB Permissions for subfolders

Dude99

Cadet
First off let me start by saying I am new to FreeNas, and that prior to posting here I watched every video I could find on the subject, as well as googled and serched the forums until my fingers were numb.

I have two accounts on my freenas system. One for me and one for my wife. My wifes is for a windows system, I use a mac. The share is creted via SMB

I have created a group that we are both part of. I have also set all the permissions so we can both write to the two shares that I have created for the two data sets I have. However, my wife cannot write to any of the subfolders in my shared data set. I have set the permissions multiple time, checking the recursively set permissions button, I have looked over every permission setting I can find, and I can't see anything wrong. If I log into the share via my mac usuing her name, the folder is also read only. So its definitely a server side permissions issue, not a client side one.

If I set the data set owner to nobody, then I also cannot write to the share, only if the owner is set to my account can I write to it.
All the walkthroughs a tutorials people link to in the forums seem to show exactly what I have done, or are for a much much older version of Freenas....

-all help is appreciated,
-Dude99

Dude99

Cadet
Solved:
I wasn't looking at the ACL settings. I'll have to read what exactly these actually are as supposed to the other permissions window. I had to change the group to my group and the set the inherit setting to inherit. Whatever that does..