SOLVED SMB Permission problems Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewH

Dabbler
I'm having this really wierd permissions problem on my samba share. The dataset is setup with UNIX style permissions and is shared over a samba share CIFS.

When I connect to it from a linux machine, I can open edit and save files. Owners change, group remains, everything works.

When I connect to it from a windows machine, I can open files but when I save it says the file is read-only. If I save the file under a different name, it creates a new file with the new owner and the old one stays the same.
Now if I connect with a different user than before, same problem, I can open it, can't modify or save it. The funny thing is, I can delete the file with this different user.

So from what I can understand so far, Windows can't or doesn't know/want to change the owner of the file. But linux has no problems at all.

Anyone had this problem or know of a way of fixing it? It's been driving me crazy for a couple of days now.

LE: Seem to have solved it. Under the share's advanced options, I disabled the VFS object called zfsacl . Basically stopped the ZFS ACL. Everything seems to work good right now.

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
LE: Seem to have solved it. Under the share's advanced options, I disabled the VFS object called zfsacl . Basically stopped the ZFS ACL. Everything seems to work good right now.

Is this thread solved?

AndrewH

Dabbler
Is this thread solved?
I think so. I haven't had any problems since turning off ZFS ACLs. No users have complained anymore and everything seems to be working as intended.

I would call it solved from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.