Dabbler
I have Freenas 11.2 U6 running with :-
1] 12GB Ram
2] 4 cores
3] LSI HBA
4] 6 x 2TB red label WDdrives - Raidz2
5] SSDx2 Cache for Slog and Cache

Note : - There is already data hope I don't need to redo it please help. o_O

All is running fine and no hicups. It is also running on a VM on xcp-ng server. It is serving 2 people atm and transfer speed are really good and shares to MACs and Windows. The problem is a first and I have built many system like these for clients and haven't had this exact problem. I created all vdevs using GUI nothing from cli and also all shares are SMB. There are no snapshots for datasets or pool and also no snapshot for smb for versioning. So not sure where the problem lies. When showing in properties of a folder in windows 10 the contents are correct but disk size vary from 3 times upto 6 times from what I can see but some folders are fine since LZ4 is enabled it show smaller sizes. In shell of freenas there are no hidden files or folders in the shares. Also yes there is an iSCSI share for other VM connected to xcp-ng it is on its own dataset. Please at least let me know it is a windows 10 pro problem ;)

TIA
Eric

cougarmaster

Dabbler
Just out of curiosity even if we didn't do this will it affect the files in anyway or how storage is calculated in windows?

thatflashcat

Explorer
I've been wondering about this for a while, good to know that the high file sizes aren't accurate.