Simple (?) rights/access issue (Newbie)

HarryStottle

Dabbler
I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

As a TrueNAS novice, I'm sure I'm doing or not doing something relatively simple but not obvious.

In the small (6 user) network I've set up, the main group I've set up has access to 4 (of the 5)shared folders

some users in the group can see 3 of the 4, and I'll address the problem with the 4th in another post because it's not critical.

This one is critical. One user can see 2, gets a message that the "device" representing the 3rd is no longer available and is prompted to enter the username and password for the 4th. The username and password is, of course, the same for folders 1 and 2 as for 3 and 4

The only obvious difference between the users who can access 3/4 and the one who can only access 2/4 is that the 2/4 user actually has more rights than the others. He's a member of their group and one other and is the only user, apart from me, who has rights to the 5th. His password obviously works and he has partial access. I can't even guess what might be limiting his access to the 3rd folder.

What am I missing/overlooking?