Simple Question: Disable screen log output to screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaguznal

Explorer
Hello everyone!

I have a relatively simple question.

I want to disable all screen log output from the transmission jail to the physical screen. My server is in a kind of public room and what I download is no ones business but my own :P
Currently all errors with trackers gets spammed all over the screen. How do I disable this? I do not mind if even crash info of transmission gets disabled.

Many thanks in advance from me and my left hand!

Yagu

Yaguznal

Explorer
Thanks for thinking with me Mirfster but I am looking to eradicate the appearance of the logs from one jail and not a full lock as the menu should stay accessible. I sometimes have to ask the people on site to do some configuring.
I think my question (to just -not- show a log) is much more simple then putting a totally secure lock on something.

alykalanany

Dabbler
I'm also looking for a (proper) solution to this. Feels weird to have a server which requires credentials both locally and on the network, plus encrypted drives, that regardless outputs information to random passers-by or other "curious" ppl.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Lots of stuff gets printed to the console for, IMO, no good reason. There's an open bug on mDNS, and possibly on other stuff as well. There isn't a way within the FreeNAS config to remove the log messages from the console, though. I'd say as you see messages that you think shouldn't belong there (which is probably all of them, with the possible exception of the UPS status), check the bug tracker, and file a bug if there isn't one already.

Yaguznal

Explorer
Sorry for not checking in earlier.

It's hilarious to google for a problem and finding out I have asked this same question 2 years back.

I am curious if anyone has had any success yet.
I am just looking to disable the output of the log of one or more jails to the screen.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.