Shadow Copy, previous version on root folders not available, on subfolders and files work good

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaguebreath

Cadet
Hello to everyone, I'm new on Freenas so pardon me on the bad english and bad understanding on behaviour. I set up my actual NAS (FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE (a2dc21583)) as follow:
One volume with 2 hd 500gb mirrored called volumed. System dataset created over it called volumed. Another Dataset created over it called pooldata with user and group set up for windows share permission. Periodic Snapshoot created for the "pool_data" dataset done every 5 minutes for testing. Create a SMB share and assign the previous periodic snapshoot for expose on the share for shadow copy.
Now if I do right click on the icon of the share I can see the correct list of time and snapshoots.
sdk86p.jpg

But if I add a folder in my share (even more then just one folders) called "pool_data" with big fantasy but I can call it Pippo it's the same, the problems starts. I can't see any information about previous version of the shares, like in the pic.
2ugyook.jpg

With a Not Specified text, without any data information for the folder.
But if I copy just a file and edit it inside the main share or I create a subfolder inside the folder "pool_data" that folders happen to get magically working and have information on previous versions like in the pic.
t4y7x0.jpg

I suppose it's not meant to work like that but I prefer to be sure about it. I try to update FreeNas too but results it's same. Anyone can help me understand ?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Fascinating, I'd never noticed that the dates were missing on the first layer of folders.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can certainly try. Post the issue number here, afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.