sfp+ to rj45 transceiver Possible? Bought Chelsio T520-CR SFP+ but need RJ45

exeter_acres

Explorer
As the title states.. I'm an idiot... bought the Chelsio T520-CR SFP+ card.... when in fact I need RJ45
Are there transceivers that will work with this card for RJ45? Or should I just sell the thing off and start over?

Bought from ebay store..shipped to me from Kentucky, but return shipping is to China.. so not worth it to ship back....

Thanks

rungekutta

Contributor
No problem at all, just get some RJ45 transceivers matching your card from fs.com and you should have no problems in 1Gb or 10Gb; 2.5Gb or 5Gb may not work though.

exeter_acres

Explorer
Thanks for that... had read a bit (albeit old) that RJ45 transceivers didn't work that well.......

rungekutta

Contributor
There can be compatibility issues but Chelsio are not known to be fussy and many including yours truly seem to have good experience from fs.com. Given the choice, probably best to avoid RJ45 altogether but if not possible then this solution should still work.

MrGuvernment

Patron
Thanks for that... had read a bit (albeit old) that RJ45 transceivers didn't work that well.......

I have 4 from fs.com I use with a Brocade switch and Intel x520's and they have been rock solid for me./

exeter_acres

Explorer
Thanks....I have a message into FS regarding the transceiver as it looks like there are about 10 ways to "customize" it...and I have no idea what to choose.... Going on a Supermicro x11ssM running Core 13

rungekutta

Contributor
I have 4 from fs.com I use with a Brocade switch and Intel x520's and they have been rock solid for me./
Similar here - using a mix of RJ45 and fibre transceivers in Chelsio + Mellanox NICs and Microtik switches, all from fs.com, without exception all been rock solid from day one. I always provide the compatibility info (brand and model) to fs.com when ordering. Have some DACs from them too, also trouble free.

Etorix

Wizard
Thanks....I have a message into FS regarding the transceiver as it looks like there are about 10 ways to "customize" it...and I have no idea what to choose.... Going on a Supermicro x11ssM running Core 13
"Chelsio" or "Generic" should do it. But it may be cheaper to actually buy a T520-BT card!

exeter_acres

Explorer