Setup Network for DMZ

f!ReW4LL

Dabbler
Hi Guys

I'll try to explain it as well as possible, I apologise in advance for my bad english :)

I'm trying to understand if it's worth it to make the switch from Proxmox to Truenas Scale. Just realize that TrueNAS Scale is a good alternative for what I need :)

Now I have encountered the following problem:

When configuring the interfaces, my mainboard has 4 NICs the 3x of them configured in a bond with loadbalancing and 1x I would like to put in the DMZ so the VMS and jail like Plex can communicate over it. I was able to create this with proxmox without any more problems.

But somehow I can't configure this with truenas. The VM cannot communicate with the outside world. I guess I configure the IP on my own, because I have not configured DHCP in the DMZ. But somehow nothing comes in and nothing comes out. The firewall is configured correctly, which was no problem earlier with Proxmox.

Now I ask myself, where is the needle?

Regards

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to consider your networking in this way:

Physical NIC (1-3) -> LACP -> VLAN (if you have it) -> Bridge1 (IP address goes here).

Physical NIC (4) -> VLAN (if you have it) -> Bridge2 (IP address goes here).

You then assign all your Apps (not jails in SCALE, they are Kubernetes container-based apps) and VMs to the bridge (Bridge2 in this case) and assign the addresses (and default gateway) manually.

Last edited:

f!ReW4LL

Dabbler
You need to consider your networking in this way:

Physical NIC (1-3) -> LACP -> VLAN (if you have it) -> Bridge1 (IP address goes here).

Physical NIC (4) -> VLAN (if you have it) -> Bridge2 (IP address goes here).

You then assign all your Apps (not jails in SCALE, they are Kubernetes container-based apps) and VMs to the bridge (Bridge2 in this case) and assign the addresses (and default gateway) manually.
Hi Sretalla

Thank you for your Feedback. After your Post i could manage it to get it work.
I was just about to install the apps and completely threw all my network settings out the window.
I can't reconfigure it because it keeps throwing an error when I create the LACP. :/

Really strange ..........

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

f!ReW4LL

Dabbler
That's great!

OK, not sure why you would do that...

It seems like you need/want some more help... what's the error?
It messed up every configuration I did. So I had to reinstall the whole system after installing some apps. In any case, I see that I can't use Truena's Scale as the main system for my purpose. Because I can't bind the apps to the different interfaces. Like for example: Plex to the DMZ and Tautulli to the internal network. Or am I missing a setting there?

sretalla