Service name within plugin jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indivision

Guru
I am wanting to change the user that runs qbittorrent within a jail created through FreeNAS (11.2 beta 3).

But, I can't seem to access that service from the jails shell. I'm sure that I'm missing something there?

qbittorrent and qbittorrent-nox do not seem to exist?

kdragon75

Wizard
What do you mean "trying to access the service"? basic service management is done with service <servicename> start|stop|restart|other commands
Also if you need to change the user account that a jail runs as, you need to add the new user if needed, then modify the service startup script, likely in /etc/rc.d/

indivision

Guru
What I mean by "trying to access the service" is having the name for the service. That is the name I would plug into <servicename> in your example.

I know how to use the service command. But, I do not have the name of the service in that plugin for qbittorrent.

I already added a new user. And I know how to modify rc.d. But, I need to know the service name in order to do that. When I try to use the service command on "qbittorrent" or "qbittorrent-nox" I get an error saying that a service of that name doesn't exist.

kdragon75

Wizard

indivision

Guru
Thank you.

I run service -l in that jail. I get a long list of services. But, none of them look like they are qbittorrent... Only service starting with a q is "quota". Do they get categorized or run somewhere else within iocage?

You are right. I was thinking of rc.conf instead of rc.d

However, I don't see where qbittorrent is installed at all in the files...

kdragon75

Wizard
Did you try taking a peek at top to see if you could find it running? I don't know anything about qbittorrent or what it may be called.

indivision

Guru
I tried running top. It does show one PID with the command "qbittorre"

I think that is just abbreviated for that column. But, I tried using service on it. No go.

It says it does not exist in /etc/rc.d

The same thing for the names I have seen guides around the internet:
qbittorrent
qbittorrent-nox

It appears to me that iocage does something I am not familiar with when running these plugins...

8-bit Yoda

Explorer
In this case, the startup command that run qbittorrent as a daemon is in /etc/rc.local

indivision

Guru
Thank you.

So, to set it up to be run by a new user (that is friendly to my mounted shares), can I refer to "qbittorrent" in rc.conf?

Or, is that process different when the service is run as a daemon?

kdragon75

Wizard

kdragon75

Wizard

indivision

Guru
I don't see anything in rc.conf or rc.local that indicates the answer.

I can confirm in rc.local that the name of the service is qbittorrent-nox which is progress...

indivision

Guru
I tried:

Code:
sysrc `qbittorrent-nox_user=user_name`

But, it returns "Command not found."

It seems that the process/var is different for managing a daemon in this way?

indivision

Guru
So, the user designation changed in rc.conf. But, that did not seem change which user qbittorrent uses. It is still placing the files in as the jail root.

Suggestions?

JTBTek

Dabbler
I'm looking to solve the same general question. Installing the qbittorrent plugin in Freenas 11.2-RC2 installs as root user. I need to change this to a new user. I have done quite a bit of searching to no avail.

The main purpose for changing this for me is to properly configure my IPFW kill switch based on UID.

Status
Not open for further replies.