Seems like a good place to be - Hi from Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

knucklehead42

Dabbler
I am just getting started with FreeNAS (11.1) but I have enjoyed designing, developing, and programming since I was 16 (just like the kids of today) and wrote my first program for pay (1957 - IBM 1620)...
Not entirely sure I need a NAS, but backing up a central repository to LTO Tape and to the Cloud seemed like a fun way to take up my (NOT) copious time...
Mostly worked MainFrames until 1990 when I folded my consulting company and bought an interest in a small company installing Unix and Xenix systems... Started playing with Linux in 2001 and decided to "pay back" many of the teachers who helped me through Primary & Secondary Schools, and College by going back to University to earn a teaching credential and taught for 12 years before retiring and return to Tennessee.

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome to the forums!

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Well that's quite the backstory. Still having fun with technology after all these years, hey? :smile:

knucklehead42

Dabbler
Yes, after all those years, at 75+ with 7 kids and 20 grandkids (between my wife and me) I have to stay active mentally, and computer technology seems natural... I get to be "Tech Support" for the (extended) family ;-)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Status
Not open for further replies.