Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Dabbler
I have been getting this notification (see below)
-------------------------------------------------------
Subject: freenas.local daily security run output

freenas.local kernel log messages:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz (3400.10-MHz K8-class CPU)
SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!

Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 1700050926 Hz quality 1000
-- End of security output --
-----------------------------------------------------------
I did a little bit of looking around the forum and it seems to be nothing I have to worry about. Can anyone confirm I can ignore this notification?
If I don't have to worry about it, would I be able to disable this notification message?

I configured SMART monitoring, scrubs schedules and SMART test schedules following "Uncle Fester's Basic FreeNAS 9.10 Configuration Guide"

My system:
FreeNas 9.10.2-U3
Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCM-F-O
Memmory: 16gb ECC unbuffered
(5) 2tb WD Red Derives - volume configured as Raid Z2
XEON E3-1240V2

joeschmuck

Old Man
Check the time on your FreeNAS. Is it correct? If it is, monitor it for a while and ensure it stays good. If it keeps accurate time then you can ignore this message. I get this message all the time as well. You may be able to switch to HPET to see if this helps the message clear. Just do a search on "freenas hpet frequency" and you should be able to find instructions on how to change the parameter.

Romulus

Dabbler
Check the time on your FreeNAS. Is it correct? If it is, monitor it for a while and ensure it stays good. If it keeps accurate time then you can ignore this message. I get this message all the time as well. You may be able to switch to HPET to see if this helps the message clear. Just do a search on "freenas hpet frequency" and you should be able to find instructions on how to change the parameter.

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.