scheduled scrubs never run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo Moreno

Cadet
hi,

I've had FreeNAS for several versions, on 9.10 now. I can't figure out why my scrubs don't run, I have to run them manually once in a while.

attaching pic of setup, they never run and I've waited more than 14 days several times; I've also deleted and recreated the schedule many times. Never ever runs, even when it is over the threshold.

as far as I know these things are run via cron, but when I check crontab for root (assume it's root?) there's nothing.

sudo crontab -u root -l
crontab: no crontab for root

what can I check to see what's wrong??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 14.05.37.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 14.05.37.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 192

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hmmm... try setting the 'Threshold days' to 10, with scrubs scheduled for specific days of the month. This approach works for me (I use the 12th and 26th, you could use whatever dates you prefer):
scrubs.jpg

FWIW, on my system the relevant scrub entry in /etc/crontab is:
Code:
00   01   12,26   *   *   root   PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 10 tank

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Scrubs work fine, so it's a configuration error.

Scrubs will run if the current date/time has been selected AND it's been more than threshold days. Not OR, AND.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Scrubs will run if the current date/time has been selected AND it's been more than threshold days. Not OR, AND.
...and the threshold days are counted from the time the last scrub finished, not when it started.

@Bobo Moreno, what's the output of 'zpool status' on your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.