Saved 12-beta config doesn't work on a new install of 12-beta. Bug or user error?

Stilez

Guru
I can't find where nightly builds are right now, and don't know if its safe to run them, so I tested this:
Result: config now valid for upload, but can't upload it because "[EFAULT] Failed to upload config, version newer than the current installed."

I can't find any reports of this.

QUESTION 1: Is the issue my actions, or a problem with uploading a config from 12-beta, onto another install of 12-beta?

QUESTION 2: where can I find the latest "good" nightly to install or update to?

Last edited:

Yorick

Wizard
I just tried this. Thank you for pointing me towards the fixed config.py, I literally just now ran into that bug!

Are you sure the fix came in right for you, including indentations? There's an else: right before the raise that throws the error you are seeing. Note the file uses space indentation, not tab indentation.

In my case, the 12.0 BETA config came in fine once the config.py had been fixed and I restarted the middlewared service. With the one caveat that the private keys for the internal and external cert are missing, so I had to redo the internal CA and internal cert to get https:// back.

Stilez, can you please DM me your config file (*.db file from the tar file, it won't have any passwords or other secrets inside)?

Stilez

Guru
I just tried this. Thank you for pointing me towards the fixed config.py, I literally just now ran into that bug!

Are you sure the fix came in right for you, including indentations? There's an else: right before the raise that throws the error you are seeing. Note the file uses space indentation, not tab indentation.

In my case, the 12.0 BETA config came in fine once the config.py had been fixed and I restarted the middlewared service. With the one caveat that the private keys for the internal and external cert are missing, so I had to redo the internal CA and internal cert to get https:// back.
Thanks. That wasnt the issue. Im not sure what is. Its not related to indents.

Yorick

Wizard
You can always rip the raise out and place a “just keep going” there, trusting the db is okay. Worst case you get to install from scratch again :)

Stilez

Guru
You can always rip the raise out and place a “just keep going” there, trusting the db is okay. Worst case you get to install from scratch again :)
There's something else. That's not doing the trick. I could find the issue myself but I need help on these please:

1) DL link for the current12.0 post-beta1 nightly build, ideally the latest on the 12-beta to 12-beta2 path. Its been a few weeks, and I don't have a way to check if this or other 12.0-beta issues are fixed yet or any regressions visible, because I don't have a DL link for the latest 12.0 post-beta1 nightly builds to retest with.

2) Clarity over github branches. There's master, 12-stable, 12, and 12.1. Which is which, and what are the differences? Which has the latest code for what will be 12.0-REL?

3) A way to backtrack from a function called as an async middleware event, to the code that originally created that event. Right now I can see when an error arises, but not the code that created the event in which it arose. So I can't check how the params were created beforehand, which went into that async event, and that's often relevant. Whether or not this specific bug is fixed, other issues may need tracing back from middlewwre queued event back to their originating code. I don't know how to do that here.

Stilez

Guru