SABnzbd won't start after upgrade

dalepearson

Cadet
Thanks T.
I have moved from FreeNas to TrueNas in an effort to get all things back upto date and have functional plugins, vs self maintaining, but maybe its not to be :)
Everything looks fine, service is running in the jail, port is listening, but still no response from the WebUi.
Will continue to troubleshoot and report back here if I work it out.
Will leave my other FreeNas box up with it running for now.

tgn55

Dabbler
OK... so you have both TrueNAS and FreeNAS setups... and all looks correct on the TrueNAS. So next question (sorry if I am suggesting the obvious)... you don't have an IP address conflict do you? ie I assume you have each instance running on a different IP, and you are connecting from your browser to the right IP/port?

Might be worth using a port checking tool, like this
Of course you should run this from wherever you launch your browser... NOT inside the jail...

Did you check the sabnzbd logs?

dalepearson

Cadet
No IP conflict, and tried 8080 and 8090 but no dice.
I even turned off the FreeNas box just to be sure.
Sure it will turn out to be something super obvious, but not spotting it yet, and tried a few reinstalls, etc.

dalepearson

Cadet
Ok I FIXED it :)
I was going through the sabnzbd.ini file and comparing it to the install on my old FreeNas box.
the host entry was host=127.0.0.1 and I changed this to host=0.0.0.0 saved, and restarted and now it seems to be operational.

Thanks for others help.

Zboard

Cadet
Ok I FIXED it :)
I was going through the sabnzbd.ini file and comparing it to the install on my old FreeNas box.
the host entry was host=127.0.0.1 and I changed this to host=0.0.0.0 saved, and restarted and now it seems to be operational.

Thanks for others help.
Can you please explain to me the procedure via cli (assuming that’s how you now have it running)

dalepearson

Cadet
From the TrueNas main screen, select jails from the left hand side.
Press the > arrow on the jail related to Sabnzbd
Then select shell
From your Sabnzbd shell change directory to where the config file is located (cd usr/local/sabnzbd/)
Now need to edit the shabnzbd.ini (edit shabnzbd.ini)
Locate host = 127.0.0.1 and change to 0.0.0.0
Save
Restart the shabnzbd service