SABnzbd setting up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

evmundo

Cadet
:confused:Help please

I have installed the program and it is running but but i am not sure about what setting i need for the sett up.
I am using http://freedns.afraid.org/ and I have no idea what Host,Port or number of connections I need.
I have been on there site and my account but I cant find the information.

Any help will be appreciated

This is the error [Errno 61] Failed to connect: (60, 'timed out') -1@freedns.afraid.org:119

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
:confused:Help please

I have installed the program and it is running but but i am not sure about what setting i need for the sett up.
I am using http://freedns.afraid.org/ and I have no idea what Host,Port or number of connections I need.
I have been on there site and my account but I cant find the information.

Any help will be appreciated

This is the error [Errno 61] Failed to connect: (60, 'timed out') -1@freedns.afraid.org:119

You are talking about 2 totally different things...

FreeDNS is a Dynamic DNS provider. I use them to point example.com to my home's dynamic IP address. I also setup my router to update the IP address record at FreeDNS whenever my dynamic IP changes at my home. If your router doesn't support FreeDNS then you can also set this up on FreeNAS.

SabNZBd is asking for a usenet provider, examples are UsenetServer or FrugalUsenet. These usenet providers cost money, but you can sometimes get limited free usenet service from your ISP. You need a usenet provider to download stuff from usenet.

evmundo

Cadet
Thanks for the help

I have been searching online for days with no answer, it sounds like I should forget SabNZBd and stick with transmission.
You sound like you know what you are doing; one more question please?

I can remotely connect to my freenas GUI but I can't access my files without a FTP program like Filezilla, is there a way I can view content to my drives without the need for a plugin or a program? (My workplace will not allow plugins or programs to be installed)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the help

I have been searching online for days with no answer, it sounds like I should forget SabNZBd and stick with transmission.
You sound like you know what you are doing; one more question please?

I can remotely connect to my freenas GUI but I can't access my files without a FTP program like Filezilla, is there a way I can view content to my drives without the need for a plugin or a program? (My workplace will not allow plugins or programs to be installed)
windows has built in ftp if I remember? otherwise I prefer browser based stuff like owncloud/ajaxplorer but those are a bit more complicated to install for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.