SABnzbd not downloading at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodofrn

Contributor
Hello, my SABnzbd is not downloading at all, I can add nzb's to it, but it wont start (it never has worked). When I test the connection, it says that it is successful. Sometimes, after a while of being stuck with the same download, the plugin randomly goes [OFF] in FreeNAS. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? I did the joshruehlig YouTube guide.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
when you test the connection to your Usenet server it says successful?

rodofrn

Contributor
How do I check that? Isn't my Usenet server FreeNAS? or is it the NZBCat sabnzbd provider? Please help, I am lost about the Usenet part. Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no, nzbcat looks like an nzb provider. I suggest you do some googling about a Usenet+sabnzbd introduction.

rodofrn

Contributor
Nvm, I got it to work, I forgot I had to add a usenet server. oops!! Now, which one do you use? and why? and why is it sooo expensive..!?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I use "Usenet server" because it's fast and unlimited (which I need because I run a Usenet indexer), less then $10/month.
frugal Usenet I'd pretty cheap and i recommend that for others

a Usenet server is storing TBs/per day of uploaded data so there's not that many actual backend providers, only like 3, they can charge what they like. most 'providers' are actually resellers

rodofrn

Contributor
Ahhhhh, got it. Thanks mate. BTW I really liked your youtube video and guide, pretty straight forward. :)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
welcome, been wanting to update the video

rodofrn

Contributor
I can imagine it would be kind of tedious to redo the video and change all the little details that are not up to date. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.