rsync FreeNAS to FreeNAS, unable to initiate sync from one side (GUI only... CLI works fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael De Cou

Explorer
Going bonkers here... I have 2 FreeNAS systems, both latest build of 9.10. I have found that creating an rsync task on "system A" functions perfectly on both PUSH and PULL syncs. However, for some reason, I cannot initiate either a PUSH or a PULL operation from "system B". Both systems were created with identical users, groups, and permissions.

To make matters worse, if I initiate a sync through the command line from "system B", it works fine. The problem is that it will not function when using the GUI. Has anyone seen this before? Is there any way to track tasks triggered through the GUI?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael De Cou

Explorer
Just re-created the rsync modules and rsync tasks... here is what showed up in /var/log/messages on the target side (initiator with a "pull" operation):

Code:
Mar 11 08:31:56 freenasbackup rsyncd[20627]: rsync: mkstemp "/.manual.pdf.dEm6Os" (in Test) failed: Operation not permitted (1)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael De Cou

Explorer
After extensive searching and testing, I have determined that the issue is with the "preserve permissions" flag in the rsync module within the GUI. For some reason, this causes a failure when syncing one folder, yet other folders sync fine. Additionally, all permissions are the same... nothing needs preserving. I am just going to in-check that box and live with it... no time to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.