rsync execution task behaviour changed from FreeNAS 9.10 to FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rsync task setup was use to work fine using rsync over ssh with push to remote machine. After upgrade from FreeNAS 9.10 to FreeNAS 11, the rsync task was never executed and it does have missing alert mechanism or logging.

I created backup user on FreeNAS and remote machine and generated ssh keys the setup was just fine and it was running it for months. The rsync username is backup and when the task is executed by FreeNAS, the task is called under backup so that ssh does look for ssh keys from backup home. But with FreeNAS 11, the task are executed as root even though the username is specified clearly backup. Now the task is looking for ssh keys in /root directory but the username is backup. I believe before FreeNAS 11 the rysnc tasks were impersonated to backup so it can use the key from backup user and now it is directly executed by root. I am not sure if I am missing something here and I couldn't find any related post so far.

Yes if I copy the ssh keys from backup to root as authorized_keys and pub keys then it will work but I am trying to avoid any keys to root. That was my intention to have separate username for rsync.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

Sounds like a bug in the new middleware. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.