Rsync ERROR: chroot failed

I'm trying to backup my 3 pools to a single-disk pool so I can detach that pool and move it offsite but (from the log entry):

Code:
@ERROR: chroot failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1671) [sender=3.1.3]

Running version: TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1
  • I added a new 8tb disk to my server
  • restarted the server
  • the server recognized the disk
  • ran smart test and quick wiped the disk
  • created a new pool - back-pool
  • added the disk to the pool
  • added a vdev dir to the pool - mnt/back-pool/backup-2022 (I can see it when using the shell with the root:wheel user and group)
  • I created some Rsync Modules in the rsync service, RW, enabled,
  • I applied the rsync service to 3 Rsync Tasks, each is supposed to send a pool to backup-2022, localhost, PUSH, enabled
I did this once before about 2 years ago and don't remember this problem. Plese, what did I miss?

When I click on Run Now on any of the 3 tasks, it fails quickly with:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 367, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 405, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/rsync.py", line 712, in run
    raise CallError(
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] rsync command returned 5. Check logs for further information.

Thanks for any tips,
Chris.