Roadmap / project page, why do old builds get entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
I like to follow the development, out of sheer curiosity.
I notice 9.2.1.7 and .9.2.1.8 both have bugs updated / modified in them or in an open state regularly and it doesn't make sense to me?

The horse has bolted so to speak and that version has been released, why does this happen? I'm just trying to understand.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you explain what you are talking about? Every time I've looked they are all closed. Maybe a screenshot of what you see?

diskdiddler

Wizard

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, that should be fixed now. The problem is that some meatbags put a ticket in and then set the target in the past... LOL.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Ahh ok, glad it wasn't meant to be that way, didn't make sense to me.

rhdd

Dabbler
9.2.1.7-RELEASE, 9.2.1.8-RELEASE, 9.3-BETA, 9.3-M4 are still visible on the roadmap. I guess they are not marked as "released".

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, they're marked as released. The problem is people create tickets for an old version, then think that if they put that they want it fixed for 9.2.1.5 (which obviously is outdated) that iX will do a 9.2.1.5 release with that fixed. What really happens is the ticket is lost forever. Well, not exactly forever. Even someone catches the out-of-place ticket and takes proper action. But the people writing tickets and submit them against older versions only hurt their own bug tickets. So yeah, not exactly something that anyone sweats over. If you can't use a bug ticket system properly you probably shouldn't be using it. ;)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No, they're marked as released. The problem is people create tickets for an old version, then think that if they put that they want it fixed for 9.2.1.5 (which obviously is outdated) that iX will do a 9.2.1.5 release with that fixed. What really happens is the ticket is lost forever. Well, not exactly forever. Even someone catches the out-of-place ticket and takes proper action. But the people writing tickets and submit them against older versions only hurt their own bug tickets. So yeah, not exactly something that anyone sweats over. If you can't use a bug ticket system properly you probably shouldn't be using it. ;)

The problem is that the old versions still show up above the upcoming ones, even if all bugs are closed.

diskdiddler

Wizard
What does redmine mean?

fracai

Guru
It's the bug tracking software you see at bugs.freenas.org

Status
Not open for further replies.