Resilver time

Power loss should at most loose what had not been written to disk, never cause corruption of data already written, that is one of the features of cow and intent log. And corruption should never spread to non corrupt data. If true this is a serious issue for FreeNAS which under no circumstance should corrupt data, ever. In it's defense it did error out. Maybe it's just me being a bit edgy about things that is suppose to be safe.
Wouldn't this make the use of UPS's obsolete?

no_connection

Patron
No since you would not loose data not written to disk, and depending on load and time it can be a bit. Especially if used in SAN. Corruption and loss is different here. So if you loose power in the middle of a write you would loose all that data not finished writing. It should however never corrupt any data that is already there or compromise the system how it was before loosing power.
Imagine if Windows got corrupt every time you got BSOD or pulled the power, it would be out of use so fast noone had time saying Linux.
But it's built to handle such things and deal with it, more or less effectively.
It's not about not getting faults, it's how you deal with them.

reks

Dabbler
About the data corrupt.. i using FreeNAS from about ten years, i build about ten NAS based on FreeNas, and this is my first problem like that. It happend on FREENAS-CERTIFIED-2U-A2Z then problem with hardware compability isn't possible.