Replication on 11.3 version not functioning, or I am doing something wrong

dovla091

Cadet
Hi. I have 2 storage systems. Each one of them is 37TB.
I have installed latest version of FreeNAS and I followed the documentation of setting up snapshots and replication, but every time I do that I get error

"The following alert has been cleared:
* Replication "production/ZFS - data/ReplicationFreeNAS1" failed: No incremental base on dataset 'production/ZFS' and replication from scratch is not allowed.."
Now that is weird as I set snapshot on production/ZFS in fact I got 2 already, so when I tried to create new replication tasks and execute it manually, I get same error message.

Now I found out that there are similar issues to mine, but their solution does not help me, as I tried to create a "blank" snapshot on target machine and redo the whole replication task, and still it is not working:
Replication issue post

What is the catch? Why if I create a snapshot (either manually or automatic), my replication does not ship that snapshot to remote storage.

P.S. connection is set to SSH+NETCAT, also I want to mention that datasets does not have the same name on source and target storage, nor directory tree, but I believe that this should not be a problem.

dovla091

Cadet
or better, what would be a proper procedure how to setup replication from one storage to another?

dovla091

Cadet
Never mind, I removed replication task, and instead of using wizard, I used advanced mode, and now everything works fine. It appears that wizard is making problem, so manual mode worked for me.

Brgds

vafk

Contributor
@dovla091
I have the same problem. After upgrading from 11.2 to 11.3 my existing replication tasks worked but all newly established tasks with the wizard failed with "pending".

Now I created in advanced mode and saving did not report any error. But the tasks do not start. When I start them manually there is a green state finished while Last Snapshot says No snapshots sent yet.

I have all 3 FreeNAS in the same network and replicate FreeNAS 1 to FreeNAS2 and FreeNAS3. I have the following settings:
Direction PUSH
Transport SSH
SSH Connection root@192.168.2.13
Stream compression lz4

Maybe I forgot some steps. I remember that in 11.2 I had to paste auth token from destination. That has changed in 11.3 as I see.

Could you kindly post the settings you used? Thank you!