Replication Failed Question

tom__w

Explorer
I have 2 production FreeNAS servers (9.1 and 11.1-U6) creating snapshots and then replicating to another 11.1-U6 backup box.

Early this morning the backup box reported a critical alert via email at 5:26 am:
Device: /dev/ada6, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
Device: /dev/ada6, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors

And then I received this email at 5:35 am:
Backup_FreeNAS.XXXXXXX.local had an unscheduled system reboot.
The operating system successfully came back online at Wed Feb 13 10:24:45 2019.

Then I received this notice from one of my production boxes at 6:25 am:
The replication failed for the local ZFS Slow_Z2/Other_VM_Slow while attempting to apply incremental send of snapshot auto-20190212.2100-5d -> auto-20190213.0500-5d to 192.168.254.10

I have a warranty replacement drive on the way to replace the drive at /dev/ada6. I'm not loving the WD Gold drives. This is the second of 3 to go in just 1 month.

Subsequent snapshots (hourly) seem to be replicating without issue.

My question, being a long time FreeNAS user but still a bit of a noob: Because I am missing a snapshot in the chain, are all subsequent snapshots still valid?

It should be fine. I get those errors every now and again and sometimes just because the snaps being sent are out of sync. One thing I have learned over the years is that FreeNAS replication is awesome and generally sorts itself out. What I do is compare how many snaps I have on primary to replica just after replication and make sure they marry up.