Replication Authentication Failed - Authentication (publickey) failed.

kartracer

Dabbler
I am running two TrueNAS 12.U8. I recently setup two replication tasks from a local machine to a remote machine. It was running fine for a few days and then it started failing in the past three days. In the error log, it shows "Authentication (publickey) failed.". I am using SSH to connect from one box to the other. Do I need to renew the public key on a regular basis?

Here is the log:

[2022/02/25 15:45:37] INFO [Thread-121] [zettarepl.paramiko.replication_task__task_1] Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_8.4-hpn14v15)
[2022/02/25 15:45:37] INFO [Thread-121] [zettarepl.paramiko.replication_task__task_1] Authentication (publickey) failed.
[2022/02/25 15:45:37] ERROR [replication_task__task_1] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_1' non-recoverable replication error ReplicationError('Authentication failed.')

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

kartracer

Dabbler
Just by chance, I created another SSH connection and assigned it to one of the replication task and it worked! So I decided to assign the new SSH connection to the other replication task but it failed. I then decided to put back the original SSH connection for the second replication task and it worked! So... what it looks like to me is you need to have a unique SSH connection for each replication task. At least this is what appears to be needed for me. Just thought I would share my findings.

Though it's strange that when I originally setup the second replication task, I'm pretty sure it worked.