quotas ZFS over NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

noescape

Dabbler
Hi there,

Is there a way to "activate" user quotas over NFS? We have a debian box that is connected to freenas 9.1 via NFS. The linux users (hundreds of them) are created only on debian and each of them has some quota. Everything works fine on a local storage (ext4) but as soon its on ZFS over NFS it doesnt seem to accept quotas. Will the upcoming NFSv4 help this? How to do it with freenas 9.1?

Again, its a user based quotas and I want to setup quota in debian, not on freenas. So I need from freenas to make the accounting. Something like add "usrquota" to fstab...

Thank you very much

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't think NFS supports quotas out of the box. That's something you'd have to go to the NFS forums/documentation to find out.

But you could force user quotas by setting up datasets of limited size and pointing the users to that space.

noescape

Dabbler
Thanks a lot for your answer.

NFS support quotas, you just need to add usrquota to fstab of the shared FS (i.e. Ext4). But with ZFS you can't add this parameter... I think it's not possible. Now I have to change my whole plan... I think I will wait a couple of months and try to use zfsonlinux, since I am not that good with BSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.