PSA: Don't update your qbittorrent to 4.4.0

Updating the qbittorrent client to 4.4.+ causes major stability issue and will wipe your configuration.
There is a Github issue, though with little activity at the moment.

For now it's better to stick to 4.3.9., I even locked the package to prevent any changes in qt. pkg lock qbittorrent-nox

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
How long have you had qbittorent installed? Was it installed via the plugin or a manual install in a standard jail?

How long have you had qbittorent installed? Was it installed via the plugin or a manual install in a standard jail?
Installed in a standard jail via pkg install qbittorrent-nox for almost 2 years now. The config survived multiple Truenas updates, jail upgrades and pkg updates.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Reason I ask is I ran into the nuked config issue a while back due to a change in the installation of the of the qbittorrent-nox package. At some point the installation location was changed and it gave a notice when you upgraded the package. Well I ignored it and here not long ago an update nuked my config. I had to set everything up again and I no longer get the notice when upgrading.

I know that doesn't address the instability you noted but may have something to do with your configuration being nuked. Thanks for the heads up on updating.

Reason I ask is I ran into the nuked config issue a while back due to a change in the installation of the of the qbittorrent-nox package. At some point the installation location was changed and it gave a notice when you upgraded the package. Well I ignored it and here not long ago an update nuked my config. I had to set everything up again and I no longer get the notice when upgrading.

I know that doesn't address the instability you noted but may have something to do with your configuration being nuked. Thanks for the heads up on updating.
Interesting. I may have ran into the same config nuke issue a while ago too but somehow fixed it by rolling back and ignoring PKG updates for a month or so...lol.
This time seems different though, with the GUI locking up and the overall instabilities.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I just updated to 4.4.2 yesterday and I'm having no issues so far.

Because of this issue, I switched to transmission for good. No reason for using the memory hungry qbittorrent anymore.

numbertwo

Dabbler
I just updated to 4.4.2 yesterday and I'm having no issues so far.
Hi
was it upgraded from 4.4.1 ? Did you just use the 'Update' option in the Plugins and let it run ? Will it anyhow wipe out the torrent list (my previous update actually wiped all out and i have to re-seed all the torrents).. ? Sorry, too many Qs.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

danb35

Hall of Famer
Did you just use the 'Update' option in the Plugins and let it run ?
Nobody should be using plugins for anything at this point.

Upstream has reverted back to libtorrent-rasterbar 1.2 (rather than libtorrent-rasterbar 2.0) for qBittorrent 4.4.5.

This should resolve most issues with previous iterations of qBittorrent 4.4.x.

nojohnny101

Wizard
I just upgraded to 4.4.5 with no problems (and lots of custom settings).