Prowlarr and sonarr can't find each other

crashmat104

Cadet
There are a couple older posts of this but none of them have an actual solution. Basically they give the error
Code:
2023-03-06 10:25:58.6|Fatal|ProwlarrErrorPipeline|Request Failed. POST /api/v1/applications/test

[v1.2.2.2699] System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused (192.168.0.80:7878)
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (61): Connection refused

when you try to connect them even though everything is inputted correctly.
no errors appear on the add apps screen itself other than the red stop sign thing when I clicked test.
I thought this was particularly strange considering radarr connected to qBittorrent perfectly fine.
I haven't changed too much, just have a couple other plugins installed: sonarr, jellyfin, and nextcloud.
sonarr's webgui also won't show up although it's supposedly running but i suppose that should be in a separate thread.

nikkon

Contributor
Seems like a network issue. Are both services up? I suspect you run them on different jails.

nikkon

Contributor
are you sure your network address is correct: 192.168.0.80 ?

nikkon

Contributor
can you ping each other? I would use a tcpdump to see what cuts the traffic.
do a: netstat -rn on both jails and check default gateway

crashmat104

Cadet
can you ping each other? I would use a tcpdump to see what cuts the traffic.
do a: netstat -rn on both jails and check default gateway
it says 'connection refused' when I try to ping them from each other (telnet) whereas with qbittorrent it just connects.
default gateway for prowlarr is 172.16.0.1
radarr is 172.16.0.5
tcpdump says 'there are no BPF devices' and people on the internet seem to indicate its a permissions issue but permissions confuse me and I already failed at giving qbittorrent permissions to move stuff around within its downloads directory on a default install so I don't really know how to fix that

nikkon

Contributor
I am confused but the default gateway. How can you have 2 different gateways for the same network?

nikkon

Contributor
That's your LEED. Find what happens. Add the default route manually and see if works after

sretalla