Problems building 9.3.1-STABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathpony

Cadet
I'm having trouble building freenas from source and I hope someone can help me out. It's been awhile since I've built anything from source so I'm sure I've done something wrong along the way.

The build environment is freebsd 9.3.1-STABLE running in a vm with 4 cores, 14GB RAM, and 40GB ssd storage allocated.

I added the git and checked out 9.3.1-STABLE and ran make checkout and make release. It fails building samba41 . It says build failed on the task: cc vfs_zfs_space.c -> vfs_zfs_space_90.o.

Any help is appreciated!

Nick2253

Wizard
I'm curious why you're trying to build FreeNAS from source. Is there something you're trying to add to FreeNAS?

deathpony

Cadet
Yes, I want to add something in. I'm not to that point though, I am just trying to build it first before modifying anything.

D

dlavigne

It's possible that the README is out-of-date (I assume you're following the README). If following those instructions gives an error, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

deathpony

Cadet
I don't think that is the problem. The ports build fine and then it fails on samba. The command you enter to build calls a script that then starts everything. I think it is either something wrong with the files it is downloading for samba, something wrong with the build script and samba can't build off it, or there is a dependency missing from the readme.

D

dlavigne

Just noting that the README won't change unless there's a ticket for it.

deathpony

Cadet
Thanks, if I find out it is a problem with the readme I will put in a ticket.
I just tried again and tried installing all build dependencies listed for samba and it has the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.