Problem w/ 9200-8e and FreeNAS - drives and CAM error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a 9200-8e and it's connected up to 10 x 8 TB drives. Got the latest version of FreeNAS up and running. It sees the drives but when I go to create a volume, it fails with a middleware error around can't create pool.. But if you watch the process, each drive throws a CAM CCB type error... Not sure why - I flashed the card to the latest firmware version, swapped slots on the motherboard... even formatted the drives from the LSI configuration software.

not sure if it's a cable problem? or drive issue or ??? THoughts?

It's weird because if I try OpenSUSE, it seems I could format an array in the enclosure using this adapter.. it just FreeNAS that is throwing these weird errors - I don't know if it's something tied to maybe need to format the drives cleanly.. and maybe I need to do that ? these drives were shucked from USB enclosures... - but I did use the LSI SAS controller to format them

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hmm. Normally I'd say that there would be a cable fault issue, but if you're able to format the drives under a different OS, I'd suspect a driver/firmware incompatibility - but the LSI P20 IT firmware and driver are standard issue among FreeNAS/FreeBSD users, so now I'm reduced to shots in the dark.

Is there a firmware update for the backplane expander in the Supermicro JBOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.