SOLVED Plex won't allow its data path to be SMB shared

fatalskeptic

Dabbler
This will be better documented at release, but to access an App dataset via SMB or NFS you need to disable host path validation in Kubernetes settings. This is a new "safety" feature in Bluefin. Some Apps are not very compatible with SMB sharing...

image.png
View attachment 60438
So unchecked Validate Host option and now all my containers broke. They are now stuck in "Deploying". is this expected?

mgoulet65

Explorer
So unchecked Validate Host option and now all my containers broke. They are now stuck in "Deploying". is this expected?
This worked for me an my Apps.

wlknsn

Dabbler
Unchecking "host path validation" allows you to install the app, but whatever I do the app (Emby in my case) cannot read anything from the SMB shares. It keeps giving permission denied in the log.

I have an "Apps" NFS dataset with an emby dataset subfolder: apps/emby
I have a "Media" dataset which is shared via SMB. I can mount it for the app and it's visible in the app, but it can't read any of the SMB data (subfolders, ...). I've tried adding in the ACL editor "apps" owner (user & group), added the apps user, ...

Just found this wonder gem today when upgrading to bluefin and all my containers wouldnt deploy. I have to reboot after unchecking and saving setting before I got rid of error.