Plex plugin not installing

jweldon

Dabbler
I have tried this multiple times and ways.

I have a Truenas Core instance running. Network config is solid NO problems. When I try to install the plex plugin I get this error "Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped plex due to DHCP failure Partial plugin destroyed"

I have looked in the forums and people have said its because of my global config, but that is fine. I have a gateway and DNS. Static IP is assigned. There shouldn't be any issue there.

I tried installing the plug via the NAT option and it did install, however the Admin portal was not accessible.

Can someone please offer me some guidance?

victort

Guru
Certainly. Ditch the plug-in and use this.

You will be better off as plugins are deprecated.

jweldon

Dabbler
Is this the only suggestion out there? I can't believe I am the only one with this issue.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I can't believe I am the only one with this issue.
You aren't, and the others have gotten the same answer.
See also:

Plugins are dead, and nobody should be using them.

jweldon

Dabbler
Well I am trying to use your method Dan. Just some things I don't know what I should do. couple of steps left out. Is there a youtube video or something of that script being used?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen any need to make a video of https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-plex; nano plex-config; ./plex-jail.sh. But if you're having trouble with something and you can't find the answer in the discussion thread for that script, feel free to ask there.