plex plugin, FreeNAS nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodyMcAmp

Contributor
I am trying to use the plex plugin on the latest FreeNAS nightly. The plex server comes up and runs like a champ, the problems arises when I am trying to add my media to the plex server. my media is located on /mnt/tank/plex but where should the destination be? /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/plex/root/media is where i have it right now, but I cant get the plex server to see it. I am trying /root/media and I am wondering why this does not work.
I also tried /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/plex/root/user/local/plexdata/plex media server/media, I thought I might be able to use the browse function if I did that but no such luck.

If anybody got this working using the UI any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
The destination in the jail can be /mnt/whatever or you can put it in the plex directory. You however do not put it in the /mnt/tank/iocage/whatever that is outside the jail. You have to think of mounting in the jail as a independent OS mounting it at whatever point is based on being inside the jail. And for plex if you mount something in /mnt /media or any other place all you have to do is type the point in the plex browser as they changed it's functionality so you can only browse the plex directories.

RodyMcAmp

Contributor
I ended up using /mnt/tank/plex and /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/plex/root/usr/local/plexdata/Plex this made it browsable which was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.