Plex Offline

the.tick

Cadet
I will apologize in advance this will be a pretty long post.

Back in December 2022 Truenas suggested an update to my system which I did but prior to that I backed up the config file which included both the .db & pwenc_secret files. All packaged within a .tar file named freenas-20221217170940.tar.

Fastward to March of 2023 another update was suggested did my steps again and this time the file name was freenas-20230308193052.tar.

Now for whatever reason I couldn't access my Plex server within truenas so I reverted to the 2022 .tar file and it kind of worked. Meaning that when the Truenas server rebooted there were errors come to find out the usb that truenas was on was dying. I replaced it and it was still sort of working come to find out this time that it was discouraged to install Truenas on a USB. At this point I was like ok if I can't put it on a USB I might as well replace the whole system, since the box that Truenas was on was tiny considering it was also holding 8*10TB WD red drives. Also got a new mobo and decided on installing Truenas onto a .m2 stick. I got everything up and quasi working 2 weeks ago meaning I was able to access the Truenas GUI interface but when I use either .tar file the I can no longer access Truenas.

Then I said OK let's go a different route by just unlocking the drives with the keys and when I do that even though my plex server has an IP address which I can ping I cannot access the interface.

I know there are a few people that has similar issues but not exactly mine and I'm a bit afraid of going any further because I really don't want to lose my data. If someone can help me figure this out I'd appreciate it.

Its my hunch that your new mobo has a different make of NIC and thus the interfaces are all changed when you restore the backup. Are you using an addon NIC card or an onboard NIC? Do you have a monitor keyboard attached to the truenas box?

I dont think your data is in danger