plex and plexpass in same jail, problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toydoll

Dabbler
Hi

Some time ago I updated from the free version of plex to plexpass and I followed a guide on how to upgrade the jail.

Now when I enter "pkg info" in the jail I see both "plexmediaserver" and "plexmediaserver-plexpass" listed. I'm guessing the former is left from when I upgraded to plexpass.

Should it be there or should I remove it? I can't say I've encountered any bigger problems with plex but you never know...

pschatz100

Guru
There won't be any problem running Plexpass. The old software will just take up some storage space. If it were me, I'd remove it just to keep things neat and tidy - but if everything is working fine then you can leave it.

If, for some reason, you decide to redo your jail then you could just install Plexpass into the new jail and be done with it. You didn't give any indication about what version of FreeNAS you are running, but if your Plex jail is an older Warden jail you might eventually want to update to an iocage jail. That would be a perfect time to clean things up.

Toydoll

Dabbler
Thanks.

Tried to make a clean install in a new jail and copied the necessary files from the old one to keep the settings an such. Worked wonders until I adde more media, then plex didn't want to "match" the media.

Oh well, I simply migrated the ol jail to an iocage an left it as it is, I guess there's no need to make it more complicated than it needs to be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.