Permissions to sync Win Nextcloud client to data store on TrueNas 12core?

tlove

Cadet
I'm replacing an existing NAS (lenovo) with a TrueNAS Core HP Microserver. The NAS is synced to a Nextcloud instance on a separate webserver all on the same network and NAS and webserver are accessed via a Win10 desktop.
The current arrangement with the Lenovo NAS is working fine but getting old. The Win 10 desktop, Lenovo NAS and the Truenas microserver communicative perfectly and I'm able to move files round,. create and delete files and directories etc.
The problem occurs when I try to sync the Nextcloud website via the desktop nextcloud client to a directory on the TrueNAS.
I get the message ‘Warning: You have no permission to write to the selected folder!’
I've tried aligning the usernames and passwords between computers and ensuring the users have correct permissions.
Obviously the current existing permissions are working fine as the Windows desktop can copy files to and from the TrueNas and between the TrueNas and the Lenovo NAS.
Equally obviously I'm missing whatever TrueNas permissions settings are stopping the Nextcloud client syncing with the TrueNas computer (it syncs effortlessly with the Lenovo NAS).
I welcome any thoughts and starting point to solve this.