OwnCloud error. Encryption and AntiVirus not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronouthier

Explorer
I'm getting a banner at the top when I login:
Encryption App is enabled but your keys are not initialized, please log-out and log-in again

If I log-out and back in, I again get the same message. I am also getting messages in the Log file about clamscan missing. Attaching said Log file.

Attachments

• owncloud.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 300

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
is this on owncloud 8.1.0?
i would ask on the owncloud forum and/or post an issue on github.

aaronouthier

Explorer
Ok, so I've done some checking. first off, there is no /usr/bin/clamscan in the jail environment for owncloud. By the way, yes, I am running OwnCloud 8.1.0 on FreeNAS 9.3 stable. Everything is up-to-date, as of 20 minutes ago.

Also, I have backed-up all files client-side, deleted the OwnCloud plugin on both of my servers, and reinstalled it from scratch, and then re-sync'd my files from one client computer.

I am having the same issues. There appear to be files missing from the plugin. Can anybody else verify? Am I the only one using the Server-Side Encryption module in OwnCloud?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, so I've done some checking. first off, there is no /usr/bin/clamscan in the jail environment for owncloud. By the way, yes, I am running OwnCloud 8.1.0 on FreeNAS 9.3 stable. Everything is up-to-date, as of 20 minutes ago.

Also, I have backed-up all files client-side, deleted the OwnCloud plugin on both of my servers, and reinstalled it from scratch, and then re-sync'd my files from one client computer.

I am having the same issues. There appear to be files missing from the plugin. Can anybody else verify? Am I the only one using the Server-Side Encryption module in OwnCloud?
The owncloud plugin isn't missing any required files.
See the antivirus documentation here https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.1/admin_manual/release_notes.html
I think you need to "pkg install clamav", then decide to run in executable or daemon mode. If in executable mode, in freebsd 'clamscan' would be installed in /usr/local/bin.

I use server-side encryption, but I don't use the owncloud plugin, and haven't updated to 8.1.0 yet. But, I am able to reproduce your error. I suggest you open a new issue for this, and mention this one https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/12412

Status
Not open for further replies.