OSX Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.

NineFingers

Explorer
I've been running my FreeNAS box for a couple weeks with no issues. That is, until I upgraded my OSX machines to Yosemite. Now, connections are difficult to attain, and speed really stinks.

Is anybody else on Yosemite? Are you having issues or no?

Thanks
Dave

Dennis.kulmosen

Explorer
Are you connecting with AFP or SMB? What version FreeNAS are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

L

Just tested, having an error occur also.. also am not getting the chance to login.

mjws00

Guru
I'll be a luddite while the dust settles. Y'all blaze a trail and catch us some bugs. Good luck.

L

L

Oddly, I disconnected from the freenas, then I reboot my mac and now everything works perfectly... Getting about 11MB/sec which is normal for my network.

NineFingers

Explorer
I'm on 9.2.1.8. I rebooted my Mac(s) and my FreeNAS and still had issues. I'm using afp. I'm thinking moving to SMB may be a good plan.

My issue is consistent between two macs, both of which were upgraded to Yosemite this past weekend, so I'm guessing that some default configuration of OSX is biting me somewhere.

Last edited:
L

L

I thought i would throw this out here too... I copy files back and forth between my macs all the time.. I just tried to, and see the exact same error as with the freenas. I think this is yosemite bug, or.. One thing I found odd is it tries to use my icloud login by default. I think I will downrev my mac until this works out.

NineFingers

Explorer
I might do the same when I figure out how...

fracai

Guru
Just to throw a wrench in to everything, I upgraded Friday night and haven't seen any issues with connecting via AFP or transfer speeds.

L

L

If you want to revert, if you have time machine, you can command and "r" while booting and it will find old versions to pick from

L

L

Also, I am really thinking this has something to do just with login and apples drive to get people to icloud drive.. When I was able to get a login screen, I was able to put in the right username/password combo and everything worked.

NineFingers

Explorer
Also, I am really thinking this has something to do just with login and apples drive to get people to icloud drive.. When I was able to get a login screen, I was able to put in the right username/password combo and everything worked.

Interesting... I did have some issues with icould settings during installation on both... I'll research tonight following on that theory.

L

L

Yea, when I tried to connect the yosemite system to the one I hadn't upgraded, it defaulted to the icloud username/password combo, and i couldn't get it to get to login.

NineFingers

Explorer
I converted to CIFS shares... works perfectly... and performance is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.