Organizr, Traefik and Plex. Oh my.

ceinstaller

Cadet
Hey all, I'm new to TrueNas, having come from a QNAP nas. I built a test server to get my head around it, and have since built my 'production' TrueNas server with the drives from the QNAP and a few extras. I have my SMB shares working, a VM with openHAB running and I started with the 'included' Plex app. Everything was working great, but I wanted some kind of dashboard running for my home network. Organizr seemed like a good choice, so I started looking into it. I'd like it to hook into the API's for services running on TrueNas so I can have a righteous dashboard like I've seen online. This led me to TrueCharts, so I added the catalog and started looking into Organizr. For some background, I work in IT and am pretty good with Linux. I have a full UniFi network and a pretty good home automation system. One thing I'm not is a network engineer. When I started reading the docs for Organizr, it recommended Traefik, which I THINK I need in order for Organizr to be able to talk to other apps running on TrueNas. I installed Traefik using the TrueCharts docs and switched my Plex app to TrueCharts, which I think I need for Ingress if I want Organizr to see it and show me what's playing. I've never used a reverse proxy, I had to watch some YT videos just to figure out what it was for. So now I'm looking into getting Organizr set up, but the instructions aren't very clear to me. I don't think I have the hardcore networking background to fully comprehend what I need to do. I don't run a 'domain' at home, I just have UniFi DHCP set up to use 'local' so it matches TrueNas. Can someone help me out with the high level steps I need to follow to get this working? Do I even NEED Traefik to use Organizr? I'm just try to get a cool dashboard running with links to all the services I have running on my home network. I know what SSL certs are, but I've never had to get one, and I don't think I need one for my small (but cool) home network. Or do I? This is from the Organizr docs: Please ensure that you can access your domain properly with Ingress before attempting any further steps. I'm not sure what this means. The link to the quick start guide is dead.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

~Mark

sretalla