OpenVPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisma

Explorer
guys

after the latest freenas update (from ~2 days ago), my openvpn seems to be borked. I can still successfully connect to my network via openvpn, and my routes all resolve okay, but I still can't actually access any clients on my network. I can't ping anything, access anything, nothing is working.

Did anything get updated in the latest freenas update that would cause my openvpn to stop working? I can't glean anything from my openvpn client log as to why it's not working anymore... the log doesn't show any errors, and I'm clearing getting assigned an ip just as I was before. But the difference is even being successfully connected to my vpn, I can't access anything anymore.

Please help!

Hisma

Explorer
Okay, I resolved the issue.

If this happens to anyone else, here is what happened.

I have firewall rules in ipfw.rules (/usr/local/etc/ipfw.rules). The rules are dictated by my network interface matching what is being used by the jail. What ended up happening is after the latest update, my ethernet network interface for my openvpn jail changed from epair5b to epair6b (no idea why this happened but it did). I verified by simply running ifconfig to check what interface it should be using.

So all I did was change all references to epair5b in ipfw.rules to epair6b, then restarted openvpn. That did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.