"no ping reply (NOP-Out) after 5 seconds" kills iSCSI volumes under load? (v11.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragon75

Wizard
As long as the vlans are all created in the vlans database mode.
Have you added the vlan via the following?
Code:
(CN1610) #vlan database
(CN1610) (Vlan)#vlan  X

Dudleydogg

Explorer
Yes I did that initially:
vlan database
vlan 2-5,10
exit
switchport Trunk seemed to be the Key, I now can tag my vkernals with a vlan and they communicate, I have separated iscsi, vmotion, Maintenance, and fault tolerance to separate vlans now.
Changing MTU back to 1500 was the big fix. I have been stable now for over a week.

kdragon75

Wizard
Yes I did that initially:
vlan database
vlan 2-5,10
exit
switchport Trunk seemed to be the Key, I now can tag my vkernals with a vlan and they communicate, I have separated iscsi, vmotion, Maintenance, and fault tolerance to separate vlans now.
Changing MTU back to 1500 was the big fix. I have been stable now for over a week.
That's great to hear! I must say I have been happy with the switch too. I wish it was a bit more energy efficient but for $100usd shipped, I can't complain.

Dudleydogg

Explorer
That's great to hear! I must say I have been happy with the switch too. I wish it was a bit more energy efficient but for $100usd shipped, I can't complain.
The problem with the ping timeouts is what prompted me to get the switch, initially I had a 4 port 10G in Freenas and created a bridge with a post init script. it worked perfectly other than the timeouts, which now I know were the MTU issue. So if my switch fails OR I could make a redundant Network connection with the 2 spare ports now.

Status
Not open for further replies.