SOLVED No network after fresh F11 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodofrn

Contributor
Hello guys, today I decided to nuke my Corral installation and get back to the polished FreeNAS 11 trains.
I began by downloading the FreeNAS 11 iso from the downloads page, creating my bootable usba and installing it in my 2 usb flash drives mirrors, in the last steps of the install, where it gives you the IP address after detecting the network, mine says something like this:
em0..................no link
igb0...................no link
And it doesn't give me an IP address to access the GUI. My mobo has been always the same and I was able to access the Internet before. Is there some incompatibility with my motherboard that I am not aware of?

this is my motherboard: Supermicro Motherboard Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards X10SLL-F-O
I have tried all three Ethernet ports on it, and nothing works.
does anybody have any idea what is going on I can provide logs and errors and I can access the shell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Your IPMI port should get an IP address regardless of OS install even with the server powered off. Have you tried rebooting the server? Have you checked your network cables?

rodofrn

Contributor
@Jailer Ok, i tried another cable and now I can access the IPMI, but not the FreeNAS GUI, what is going on?
Wait, gimme one min to try something else....

@Jailer DONE, somehow, someway, for some miracle, the cable I was using was NOT connected to my switch, idk WTF happened, its all running now, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.