No longer able to log in as non-root user

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss4johnny

Explorer
I was playing around with setting up ssh and the ability to access my ssh remotely last night. However, today when I tried logging in as the user, I get errors that permission is denied. This happens on the GUI and with SSH on a user account, but not root. So I removed the SSH key (which I couldn't even get to work properly) and tried to set it so that I could log in with password to SSH without luck. I also tried changing the password of the user and logging in, but that wasn't working.

Any ideas?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You can not log into the GUI with any user other than root.

What version of FreeNAS? Screen shot if user settings and ssh settings? You need to provide some info that makes your question better.

Last edited by a moderator:

ss4johnny

Explorer
Hmm, I had not realized that about the GUI. I'll send the screenshots when I get home from work.

ss4johnny

Explorer
Hmm, I had not realized that about the GUI. I'll send the screenshots when I get home from work.
Damn. My internet at home and is down and I'm heading out of town for holidays. I may have to bump this in a week.

ss4johnny

Explorer
You can not log into the GUI with any user other than root.

What version of FreeNAS? Screen shot if user settings and ssh settings? You need to provide some info that makes your question better.

Sorry for the long delay...

I have FreeNAS 9.10. Screenshots are attached.
ssh_settings.png

Attachments

• ssh_settings.png
    ssh_settings.png
    21 KB · Views: 311
  • user_account_settings1.png
    user_account_settings1.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 281
  • user_account_settings2.png
    user_account_settings2.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 277
Status