No Disks Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopdog95

Cadet
I just installed FreeNAS on an old desktop computer of mine. (FYI I am a beginner & I am very new to FreeNAS)

I installed it via a DVD.

I am now trying to configure the 1 disk in my desktop to be used but it is not detecting the disk.
(If I plug in a flash drive it detects that)

Hope you can help.

Last edited:

enemy85

Guru
Probably because of hw not supported

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'd also guess unsupported hardware (which was why I gave a link to the forum rules; apparently the red link at the top of every page isn't visible enough), but of course we can't know that until @snoopdog95 follows the rules and lists the hardware. A second possibility is that it's installed on the machine's only disk. It's even possible that both are true.

snoopdog95

Cadet
If I had installed FreeNAS on that disk is there a way to be able to use the disk for both?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If I had installed FreeNAS on that disk is there a way to be able to use the disk for both?

No. But you can't just grab the ISO and go and expect happiness and rainbows. You've got a few weeks of research to do. Start with our documentation and stickies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
No. If you didn't already know that, I have to strongly encourage you to read the manual. FreeNAS consumes the entire boot device for the OS, which is why it's recommended to boot from a USB stick/SATA DOM/CF card.

mjws00

Guru
Heh. "Rainbows and happiness". I gotta add that to my "ECC or GTFO" cyberjock compendium. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.