SOLVED NIC Link is Up, then immediately Down

Stoffern

Dabbler
Hello,

I just finished building my new server, and I'm having trouble with my 10Gbit network card (Intel X520-DA2). I am running the latest version of TrueNAS SCALE Cobia (23.10.1). The issue I'm having is that I am unable to get my network card working, as it constantly spits out: "NIC Link is Down", and seemingly isn't assigned an IPv4 address by DHCP either, at least from what I can tell. I have disabled the motherboard's onboard NIC in the BIOS, and only have the server connected to my switch (MikroTik CSS610-8G-2S+IN) with a DAC cable custom ordered from FS.com to be compatible with both the network card, and the switch. The network card seems to be genuine.

I was able to get into the TrueNAS web interface through the motherboard's onboard NIC, and the network card did show up, but both interfaces showed as "LINK STATE DOWN". I read that two NIC's on the same subnet isn't supported, hence why I've tried disabling the onboard one in the BIOS. I have deleted the interface in TrueNAS, refreshed and restarted a dozen times, but I ultimately have no idea what could be causing this.

If anyone has any idea, could point me in the right direction or suggest things I could test or do, that would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
MBO: ASRock B550 Taichi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
RAM: Kingston DDR4 3200MHz ECC 64GB
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC
HBA: LSI SAS 9300-16i
NIC: Intel X520-DA2
Switch: MikroTik CSS610-8G-2S+IN
DAC Cable: Custom ordered SFP+ DAC cable with compatibility tailored to both the switch and network card.

Switch GUI:
MikroTikSwitch.png

ifconfig and leaving it for a few minutes:
ifconfig.png

As it is booting up:
1703869668997.png

Network interface settings in TrueNAS:
1703869698020.png

1703869710473.png

EDIT:
I swapped the DAC cable to my other 10G SFP+ switch, and it worked right away. Might have been a bad port on my other switch.

Last edited: