NextCloud Upgrade to version 21 broken

b4bblefish

Dabbler
Hi All,

I mistakenly trusted IXSystems to maintain an official plugin and used the repository to install NextCloud. After upgrading to version 21 I am now greeted with:
Code:
FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No suchfile or directory in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:85

If anyone could help or direct me to instructions on how to fix this / back up my data somehow without losing it that would be greatly appreciated. I have learned my lesson and promise never to use plugins again. All my searches so far have yielded threads of people just giving up and installing the package manually which I will do once I can get my data.

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Depending on what exactly you did to upgrade to version 21 and how you've been using snapshot tasks and how you have stored your data, you may be able to just roll back the snapshot that was before you did the upgrade.

Depending on what exactly you did to upgrade to version 21 and how you've been using snapshot tasks and how you have stored your data, you may be able to just roll back the snapshot that was before you did the upgrade.
I'm pretty sure the update plugin routine in the gui is doin a snapshot automatically. He/She should be fine with just a rollback - if no further damage was done after the failed update.

ddaenen1

Patron
Hi All,

I mistakenly trusted IXSystems to maintain an official plugin and used the repository to install NextCloud. After upgrading to version 21 I am now greeted with:
Code:
FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No suchfile or directory in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:85

If anyone could help or direct me to instructions on how to fix this / back up my data somehow without losing it that would be greatly appreciated. I have learned my lesson and promise never to use plugins again. All my searches so far have yielded threads of people just giving up and installing the package manually which I will do once I can get my data.

Thanks

I have NC running for more than a year now, installed as a plugin. I have faced several issues in the past and needed to do a new install a couple of times already. However, i have refrained from installing the latest 21.0.2 as i have read many posts of the recent versions of the plugin breaking and am now also contemplating whether i should once again do a manual reinstall.

I would try a rollback first from the last working snapshot. If that doesn't work, recommend switching on the FTP service in TrueNAS and pull your data in NC from the server with an FTP client such as WinSCP which works fast and great and after that, do a manual install from scratch, recreate the profiles in NC and upload your data in the right spots from within the NC GUI. That has worked perfect for me several times already.