nextcloud plugin admin error "This server has no working Internet connection."

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamnotroot

Cadet
Nextcloud plugin admin error: "This server has no working Internet connection." Nextcloud works fine. I have even successfully installed 3rd party ssl. I need the internet connection to use the add-on for external storage (which is recommended). I have enabled add-on but it won't even show in the list as an option (because of error I'm sure).
I'm using motherboard lan. I have a second cheap intel lan board plugged in but it is not recognized. (side question sorry, but can this be used somehow? I'm a total noob).
freenas 11.1 and nextcloud 10.0.1

Here are my settings.
Global configuration:
IPv4 Global Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
name server 8.8.8.8

Interfaces: re0 (default) created eth0 with following settings.
IPv4: 192.168.0.188
subnet: 24/255.255.255.0

I set the jailed config settings before installing plugin:
192.168.0.0/24
IPv4 Network Start Address: 192.168.0.3
IPv4 Network End Address: 192.168.0.9

Jail is set as static ip with following settings:
IPv4: 192.168.0.3
subnet: 24/255.255.255.0
vim was unchecked so I could assign re0 interface. I also tried the standard new interface eth0. I also tried to create a interface with alias but I don't understand how to do that. Trying to save I just get error that network is already in use.

I can ping google.com and other sites from 'freenas shell' and from the 'jailed shell'. As stated above netcloud is working fine in every way except I can't use external storage add-on. This box is dedicated to the nextcloud and all storage is only to be used for that purpose. Why do I need external storage? I can set up with internal storage that I have in box (mirrored raid) and it seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

iamnotroot

Cadet
I'm pretty sure its got something to do with www.nextcloud.com and/or owncloud.com. Neither will ping not only in the jail but with my router and other online networking tools. The certs are set up with that site. If you don't get a response could that trigger the error? This is where nextcloud gets updates too. Not sure what is going on but it seems to be a pretty common problem out there. Happening on all different systems.
I found this
pbi/nextcloud-amd64/www/nextcloud/settings/Controller/CheckSetupController.php

private function isInternetConnectionWorking() {
if ($this->config->getSystemValue('has_internet_connection', true) === false) {
return false;
}

try {
$client = $this->clientService->newClient();
$client->get('https://www.owncloud.com');
$client->get('http://www.owncloud.com');
return true;
} catch (\Exception $e) {
return false;
}
}
When I comment this out the error changes to problem with internet checking function.
If I can't ping www.owncloud.com it's for sure why I'm getting the error. So using external storage can't be a reliable option. Wish there was a workaround.

lpkampen

Cadet
Hi!

iamnotroot, you're right.
I got everything working despite the error, app sync and remote connection, with and without https so the error was just an annoyance.

What i did to get rid of it was to change this:

Code:
			return true;
		}

to this:

Code:
			return false;
		}

Status
Not open for further replies.