Nextcloud jail 27.1.5 php8.0 to 8.2 give 404 Not found error

rkbest

Dabbler
I am on Nextcloud 27.1.5 jail and I tried a suggested update command form nextcloud jail shell "pkg install nextcloud-php82". Everything went fine and then i restarted the jail just to make sure all files are initialized correctly. But I am presented with '404 Not Found | nginx'.
What could be wrong?
I have installed with the official plugin jail and not the scripted install.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I doubt you can update the official plugin that way. I have repeatedly written that you need to wait for an update by the plugin maintainer.
I only recommend to do this in a manually installed jail.

Best recreate your Nextcloud installation with @danb35's script - plugins are going to go away, anyway.

rkbest

Dabbler
I understand. But its been couple of months i still get the same php warning. Wondering if its covered in the quarterly cycle as you suggested in other posts.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The quarterly cycle applies to regular FreeBSD packages and Nextcloud is available in flavors PHP 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3:

What must be updated to get a newer version in your plugin is this:

This is completely independent of any FreeBSD package maintenance or Nextcloud releases and poorly maintained. Which is why everybody recommends to just drop it and perform a manual or scripted installation.

Understood? On top of the regularly updated maintained and reliable FreeBSD operating system and package infrastructure somebody created a "one click TrueNAS plugin". All the FreeBSD software is perfectly up to date. But that person plain neglects updating the plugin to follow FreeBSD's lead. Nothing the FreeBSD project can do about that nor a fundamental flaw of jails. Just an abandoned "plugin".

victort

Guru
It would be nice to have a “Truechartsy” style setup for FreeBSD software.

Even though it is as simple as creating a jail and pkg install mysoftware it still takes some time and effort to learn.

But I suppose that’s why things like Google Drive, Onedrive, and Dropbox exist, specifically to make it easy for people who don’t have the knowledge.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
It would be nice to have a “Truechartsy” style setup for FreeBSD software.
Plugins could do that - it just takes effort to maintain them ...

And neither iX nor TrueCharts have really answered the question who will be in charge to run all the manual steps necessary for major release upgrades of e.g. Nextcloud or Guacamole or anything that uses a database and mandates a schema upgrade for new versions ...